Thursday, October 23, 2008

post #2

When I went and observed my micro aquarium, I noticed many interesting things which I have never seen before. There were several different kinds of amoebas. One type looked like a blue blob that kind of oozed around and changed its shape.  The other one was a circular organism called Actino sphaerium that had a large amount of prickly hair looking appendages protruding from its body in every direction. The majority of the bacteria I saw were various types of rotifers. One of them was Noleus quadricornis and it was somewhat round. It had one tail/flagella and most of its head was covered in cilia. Another one was Euchlanis macrura and it was very similar to the first rotifer, expect that it had two tails/flagella. One resembled Ritifer citrinus and it was much different from the other two. It was long and slender and had two clumps of cilia at each end of its mouth.

No comments: